Canada’s Jennifer Lynch on CTV.
free video player & video platform - interactive video, online video solution: video player, video editor - kaltura
wordpress video - wordpress plugin for integrated video on video blogs, and video tools
It is important to know how Lynch is spinning this. Not too long ago, a Quebec blogger took a case to the Quebec HRC asking that a particular Montreal Imam be taken to the HRC for violating section 13 of the HRC act. The Imam had published on paper and on the internet an astonishing book of hate violating in word and spirit every aspect of section 13 by orders of magnitude more than many who had already been convicted by this commission.
Ezra Levant has written on this on his blog but Ill paste a few choice quotes by the Imam here from his book:
• Homosexuality is a “perversion”
• Homosexuals “spread disorder on earth”
• Homosexuals and lesbians should be “exterminated in this life”
• “Homosexuals caught performing sodomy are beheaded”
• Most Infidels “live like animals”
• “they are evil people, they love perversity”, and “they are our enemies”
• “sending our sons and daughters to the schools of the Infidels has devastating effects on their beliefs, their behavior and their character. For the children of Infidels are the most pervert children. At a very early age, they adopt the behavior of their parents “
• “Moreover, attending schools with Infidels may lead to friendship in their heart for Infidel children, which contradicts the foundations of Islam. Because Islam prohibits befriending even the closest relatives if they are Infidels”
• “there is no doubt that it is not permissible for a Muslim to love or to take as friend whoever follows a religion other than Islam”
• “Infidels say they are open-minded, but in reality they have opened their mind to garbage and filth, and closed it to all that is pure and right !”
Men are superior to women
• “men are superior to women and better than them”. In general, “men have a more complete intellect and memory than women”
• “Infidels acknowledge this reality, but they do not want to accept the truth because they are blinded by their passions”
Muslim women are superior to Infidel women
• “The veiled Muslim woman is a light in the darkness of the 20th century, she carries the torch of modesty, of chastity and of Islamic values”
• “She brings the liberating message of “LA ILAHA ILLALLAH” to the poor western woman who has lost her femininity, her dignity and her honor and who is now crying for her savior”
I think it is safe to say that these excerpts are considerably more in violation of the letter and spirit of section 13 of the HRC Act than are many, if not, indeed, all of the people that the Canadian Human Rights Commission has found guilty, fined, and in some cases obliterated the careers of, or ordered to never speak their true beliefs or opinions through any media. (please see Rev. Stephen Boissoin article below) Still, they elected to not proceed against the imam who wrote this book. This shows that when Lynch speaks of the Commission as a benign organ she is knowingly lying, as in fact, the guilt or innocence of the accused is determined during the process of selecting which cases to hear. One must understand this in order to see how illiberal and indeed, undemocratic even, the CHRC actually is. Once it has been decided that they will hear a case, the defendant’s guilt is assured, as they have nearly a 100% conviction rate unless the accused manages to bring enough publicity to the outrage of the charge such as Mark Steyn and MacLean’s did as well as Ezra Levant.
For the ordinary Canadian, the cost of defence is always less than the payoff for a fast conviction. So as Ezra Levant characterizes it in the title of his book, Canadian Human Rights Commissions’ trial process constitutes nothing more than a shakedown.
I disagree. I think that he HRCs are a pre-cancerous relapse of the kind of thought which Torquemada, author of the Inquisitor’s Handbook in medieval Europe used to hold absolute power arbitrarily over whomever he wished, for whatever reason he wished, operating under the power of the Church without the existent due process of the Church. Even then there was a devil’s advocate you see.